March 06, 2017 at 5:30pm - 8pm
Join us for refreshments and a community conversation on high school course selection and the role of public education
- Share information on high school course selection and highlight the importance of these decisions
- Gather information by creating a safe space for students, parents, and service providers to talk about needs and areas to improve the process for selecting high school courses
- Identify and contribute to the development of resources, tools, and policies that support students and parents in accessing the most appropriate courses
- Welcoming remarks by TDSB Trustee Chris Tonks
- Rapper/performing artist, facilitator & blogger Sydanie
- Carl James, the Jean Augustine Chair in Education, Community and Diaspora and past Director of the York Centre for Education and Community, York University
- Joseph Amankrah, Technical Officer, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Ryerson University and Founder, Camara Skills Training Network
- Sharma Queiser, Researcher and Policy Analyst, Social Planning Toronto
A limited number of TTC tokens will be available at the event.
Questions? Contact Sharma Queiser at email@example.com or 416-351-0095 ext. 219
In partnership with...