PROGRAM ASSISTANT: MEMBERSHIP
Social Planning Toronto is a non-profit community organization committed to independent social planning at the local and city-wide levels. We work to improve the quality of life for all people in Toronto through community capacity building, community education and advocacy, policy research and analysis, and social reporting.
Social Planning Toronto has a part-time (17.5 hours per week) position, with the possibility of additional hours (up to 35 hours/week), pro-rated and based on revenue generated. This is a ten month contract, beginning September 4, 2012. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
The primary responsibility of this position will be soliciting new and renewed individual and organizational memberships for Social Planning Toronto, primarily by telephone follow-up. It is anticipated that at least 75% of the time in this position will be spent making membership solicitation calls.
Related responsibilities will include:
• Membership recruitment at selected SPC and partner events
• Assisting with mailing related to SPC membership
• Administrative and record-keeping directly related to SPC membership recruitment
• Regular reporting on membership recruitment
• 3 to 5 years related experience (preferably in the voluntary sector)
• Ability to communicate with the public (phone and in person), volunteers, staff and donors
• Good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to work independently, be flexible, and able to take initiative
• Demonstrated success at telemarketing
• Strong computer skills including database management (preferably Salesforce)
SPT is committed to employment equity, and welcomes applicants from the full diversity of the community. The successful candidate will become a CUPE 1777 member.
Salary range: $35,002.00- $47,895.00 plus benefits (pro-rated)
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter outlining how they meet the above criteria to:
Maria Serrano, Director of Operations, email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Friday, July 27, 2012.