As you read in our last newsletter, we're partnering with the Community Development Unit at the City of Toronto to help renew the Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy. Throughout May we received over 100 applications from powerful resident leaders across Toronto who were eager to join a new Advisory Group.
We're so excited to announce the successful candidates. Please join us in congratulating:
From July 2022 to September 2023, the Advisory Group will come together to share with the City their ideas for and experiences with community engagement, city-wide networking, information sharing, skill building, and community leadership development.
Interested in learning more about this work? Email Rima Athar at [email protected] or visit our website:
SPT is grateful to all applicants, and to Kisa Hamilton, Resident Liaison to the Advisory Group, and Partnership Table members Gillian Perera (Openly Connected), Kaydeen Bankasingh (North York Community House), Sohelia Bonhi (The Neighbourhood Group), and Laura Harper (Agincourt Community Services Association) for participating in the interviews and shaping the new Advisory Group with us.
Also in this issue:
- Four more years: How did the PCs win, and what should the left do now?
- Our next four years: So how is October's municipal election shaping up?
- Improving the lives of women and gender diverse residents with gender equity
- Care about social and economic justice? Come work with us!
- Hope to see you in September! (AGM postponed until fall)
- Have you heard? City wasted millions, police discriminated, and Ombudsman investigating encampments
- Have thoughts on how the City seeks your input? Take this short survey.