- “T.O. should have power to require that developers build affordable housing: Layton” CP24, November 9 (SPT, Toronto ACORN and Councillor Mike Layton held a joint press conference calling on the provincial government to lift the ban on inclusionary zoning for municipalities)
- “Councillor Mike Layton asks Queen’s Park to give municipalities new affordable housing tool”, Inside Toronto, November 9
- “Toronto anti-poverty plan reaches final hurdle”, Toronto Star, November 3
- “Toronto set to launch 20-year anti-poverty plan“, Toronto Star, October 21
- “North York Harvest Food Bank hosts meeting on city’s poverty reduction plans“, North York Mirror, September 3
- “Will John Tory be Toronto’s anti-poverty mayor?”, Toronto Star, September 2
- “Undocumented Montreal youths’ backs are against the school wall“, Montreal Gazette, August 25
- “Inclusionary Zoning as a Tool for Affordable Housing Production“, The Non-Profit Quarterly, June 5
- “Crafting a plan to tackle poverty from the ground up“, Toronto Star, June 2
- “Social Planning Toronto looks at inclusionary zoning“, Inside Toronto, May 26
- “Toronto poverty reduction groups band together to help shape city strategy“, insideToronto.com, April 13
- “One in five Toronto schools targets for possible closing“, The Globe and Mail, January 29
- “School board hears from supporters, critics at special meeting on provincial report“, insideToronto.com, January 27
- “Parents back TDSB trustees at special public meeting”, The Globe and Mail, January 27
- “Strategy needed to end homelessness”, Toronto Star, January 11
- “What’s the tipping point for essential social change?, Toronto Star, January 9
Posted on 30. Nov, 2015 by Mohammad Araf.
Join us for a discussion on the City of Toronto’s proposed budget! Thursday, December 17th, 2015, from 4:00 – 6:00 PM Don Montgomery Community Recreation Centre, 2467 Eglinton Ave E, Scarborough. City Council adopted Toronto’s first Poverty Reduction Strategy on November 4th. Will there be adequate funding in the 2016 budget to implement the strategy? Come and […]
Posted on 17. Nov, 2015 by Mary.
There is currently a vacancy on the Board of Directors for a term that runs until May of 2017 and Social Planning Toronto is seeking nominations to fill that vacancy. Further information is here Nomination form available here
Posted on 11. Nov, 2015 by Beth.
Check out new video from the November 9 Inclusionary Zoning Press Conference organized by Social Planning Toronto, Toronto City Councillor Mike Layton and ACORN.
Read ‘Lift the Ban’ on Inclusionary Zoning, SPT’s submission to the Standing Committee on Social Policy
Press Release: Community Groups and Toronto City Councillor say “Lift the Ban” – let us build affordable housing
Posted on 09. Nov, 2015 by Beth.
November 9th, (Toronto, ON) – Social Planning Toronto, ACORN, and Toronto City Councillor Mike Layton have come together to call on the provincial government to give municipalities the freedom to enact inclusionary zoning policies. Despite widespread support for this important tool for creating affordable housing, including a Liberal Private Member’s Bill calling for these powers, […]