This Thursday, January 13, the City of Toronto launches its draft 2022 Budget. Throughout the Budget process, we'll keep you informed about how you can learn more, get involved, and have your say!
Key 2022 Budget Dates:
- January 13: Budget is launched
- January 18-20: Budget Committee reviews the Staff-recommended budget
- January 24-25: Have your say by deputing to the Budget Committee
- January 28 & February 7: Budget Committee wraps up its work
- February 11: Budget goes to Executive Committee for review
- February 17: City Council votes on the budget
The budget impacts housing, childcare, community services, transit, the environment, and so much more! Join us to learn how the draft 2022 budget is investing in vital services, and where it’s falling short at our virtual Budget Town Hall on January 18.
Community leaders and residents are also invited to join us for a virtual Community Dialogue on January 20. Come share your budget demands, learn more about what’s in the 2022 budget, and learn how to influence it!
And don't miss our City Budget Watch blog. Senior Researcher and Policy Analyst Beth Wilson is back for a 13th year of reports and analysis on each step of the City budget process, from launch date to final votes at City Council. Sign up to receive new blog posts by email. (Note: If you've subscribed in a previous year, never fear, you're still on the CBW mailing list — no need to resubscribe!)