Social Planning Toronto is a non-profit, charitable community organization that works to improve equity, social justice and quality of life in Toronto through community capacity building, community education and advocacy, policy research and analysis, and social reporting.
Social Planning Toronto challenges inequity in our city — through knowledge generation, debate, civic engagement, advocacy, and collaboration — to spark social and policy change.
- We are committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- We respect the rights, knowledge, protocols, and traditions of Indigenous peoples
- We are independent and non-partisan
- We are stronger through our work with partners
- We are accountable to the community
- We ground our work in the lived experiences and expertise of local communities
- We are persistent and proactive, recognizing change is often a long process
- We value evidence-based decision making
Social Planning Toronto is...
A resource for community-based action in support of community-identified issues and priorities through research, policy analysis, public education, and leadership development.
A mobilizer of community leaders, residents, and organizations to improve equity, inclusivity, and quality of life in the city.
An advocate with policy makers, agencies, and institutional leaders for improved facilities, social and economic conditions, access to jobs and services.
A convenor of social research, often with other non-profit and academic organizations, and a convenor of collaboration with service providers and residents in local communities.
Our Program Priorities
Community Capacity Building
We increase skills, knowledge, and resource development in local communities through our planners, researchers, and communications staff.
Social Research and Policy Analysis
Our research focuses on three key areas:
- Income Security and Labour Markets
- Public Education and Human Development
- Community Infrastructure, Public Finance and Resource Allocation
We provide communities and organizations with the facts they need to make positive change.
Social Planning Toronto uses its community planning, research, and communications capacities to support responses to critical challenges facing Toronto residents.