Social Planning Toronto is a non-profit, charitable community organization that works to improve equity, social justice and quality of life in Toronto through community capacity building, community education and advocacy, policy research and analysis, and social reporting.
SPT is a United Way "Anchor Agency." We also receive core funding from the City of Toronto.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Social Planning Toronto challenges inequity in our city — through knowledge generation, debate, civic engagement, advocacy, and collaboration — to spark social and policy change.
An equitable, inclusive, and accessible Toronto — shaped by the diversity of its residents and rooted in social and economic justice.
- We are committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- We respect the rights, knowledge, protocols, and traditions of Indigenous peoples
- We are independent and non-partisan
- We are stronger through our work with partners
- We are accountable to the community
- We ground our work in the lived experiences and expertise of local communities
- We are persistent and proactive, recognizing change is often a long process
- We value evidence-based decision making
|READ ABOUT OUR HISTORY||READ OUR ANNUAL REPORT||DONATE TO SUPPORT OUR WORK|
Our Program Priorities
Community Capacity Building
We increase skills, knowledge, and resource development in local communities through our planners, researchers, and communications staff.
We provide communities and organizations with the facts they need to make positive change.
Our research focuses on three key areas:
- Income Security and Labour Markets
- Public Education and Human Development
- Community Infrastructure, Public Finance and Resource Allocation
Social Planning Toronto uses its community planning, research, and communications capacities to support responses to critical challenges facing Toronto residents.