PLEASE NOTE NEW DATE AND LOCATION
We regret that the Social Planning Toronto Membership Forum on the "Partnership Project," which had been scheduled for Wednesday, July 21st, with special guest Helen Burstyn has been postponed to Tuesday, August 10th. The location has also been moved from the Lillian Smith Library to the Social Planning Toronto Meeting Room at 2 Carlton St. We regret any inconvenience this change in date and venue may cause.
Tuesday, August 10, 9:30 - 11:30 AM
Social Planning Toronto
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1001
The Ontario Government has launched an initiative to strengthen the relationship between the Government of Ontario and the non-profit sector. This project is co-Chaired by Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, and Helen Burstyn, Chair of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. This initiative is seeking answers to some key questions for our sector, including:
- What can government do to be more responsive to the needs of not-for-profits?
- What can the government do to better recognize and value the contribution made by our not-for-profit sector to our economy and our communities?
- What are the stumbling blocks your organization faces when working with the province?
- What needs to happen if we are to renew, streamline and modernize the relationship between government and not-for-profits in this province?
- What new ideas, models and innovations can help further strengthen the sector and how can government play a role?
Organizations across Ontario have the opportunity to respond to these and other questions through the “Partnership Project” website, and a limited number of other consultations across the Province are planned as part of the process.
Social Planning Toronto wants to ensure that the perspectives of our member organizations are fully represented in this process.
To this end, we are convening a “Member Forum” with three goals:
- increased awareness and shared understanding of the concerns which this process is seeking to address;
- an opportunity for members to share their perspectives, to inform their own submissions and participation in the consultative process;
- to provide direction to Social Planning Toronto in preparing its own submission to the Project.
We are delighted that Helen Burstyn, Co-Chair of the Partnership Project initiative will be able to join us for this session. For more information on the “Partnership Project,” go to http://partnershipproject.ca/.
Participation in this event is open to individual and organizational members of Social Planning Toronto.
Advance registration is required – to register, please complete the form below or contact Margaret at 416 351-0095 x 211 or [email protected]
CLICK HERE to download the event flyer.
[gravityform id=19 name=Registerfor the SPT July Member Forum: Responding to the "Partnership Project"]