JOB POSTING: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Social Planning Toronto (SPT) is a non-profit community organization that works to improve equity, social justice and quality of life in Toronto through community capacity building, community education and advocacy, policy research and analysis, and social reporting.
SPT is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator, with a proven track record working in the area of communications focused on community development and action.
This position encompasses the development and implementation of the overall communications, public relations and media strategies of SPT.
- Develop and implement internal and external communication strategies/policies;
- Prepare SPT's annual communications plan, edit and design research reports and other program documents;
- Write and develop press releases, articles, speeches, media kits, and cultivate media relations;
- Manage information on the SPT website (using a popular content management platform) including all content both textual and visual;
- Guide and manage SPT’s social media presence on Twitter and Facebook;
- Develop and maintain media contact list;
- Manage and maintain SPT’s communications database (Nationbuilder experience is an asset);
- Support communications for organizational fundraising;
- Ensure that materials are effectively translated where appropriate;
- Supervise placement students and volunteers as appropriate.
- Undergraduate education in a discipline appropriate and relevant to communications or journalism, or equivalent experience in the field;
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in communications or public relations;
- Excellent writing and communications skills;
- Strong editorial skills for ensuring clear language accessibility;
- Good organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines and work independently, collaboratively, flexibly, creatively and with initiative;
- Knowledge and awareness of social justice issues;
- Demonstrated experience in working with media;
- Demonstrated experience and facility with social media and websites;
- Experience in a variety of design programs such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop;
- Demonstrated experience in the design and layout of a variety of textual and visual content;
- Knowledge of online CRM databases for tracking communication networks an asset;
- Familiarity with Google Apps, blogging, webinars, and social networks is an asset;
- Public relations and/or marketing experience in the not-for profit sector is an asset.
SPT is committed to employment equity and welcomes applicants from the full diversity of the community. The successful candidate will become a CUPE 1777 member.
SALARY RANGE: $46,694–$63,998. The deadline for applications is November 9, 2018.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume to: Maria Serrano, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org