Raise Your Voice!
Voices from the Street, a collective of individuals who use their personal experiences with homelessness and poverty to educate the public and push for change, is looking to recruit new members.
- 12 weeks of intensive training in public speaking, leadership, conflict resolution, diversity issues, and facilitation
- A mall cash honorarium of $60 per week for participating
- A TTC Metropass
- A hearty lunch on the days you are training
- A connection to others who have similar experiences and a desire for change.
- Your time (every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm from March 31st to June 18th)
- A desire to speak openly and publicly about your personal experiences with homelessness and poverty
- An ability to work well with others and a respect for diversity
- A passion for social justice and a desire for change
- Your leadership skills back to your community.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Voices from the Street, please submit a letter (legibly written or typed) detailing why you would like to join, what you feel you would bring to the group, any leadership experience you have, and details about your previous or current involvement in the community. Letters should be submitted by February 27th, 2009 to:
Voices from the Street
c/0 Ontario Council of Alternative Businesses
1499 Queen St. West, Suite #203
Toronto, ON M6R 1A3
Fax: 416 504-8063
Email: [email protected]
For those interested in more information, information sessions will be held on February 18th at 1:30 pm at the Gerstein Centre (100 Charles Street East) and on February 10th at 1:30 pm at the Ontario Council of Alternative Businesses (1499 Queen Street West, Suite 203). Attendance at these sessions is encouraged, but not mandatory. TTC tokens will be available.